handicraftsman_'s helper application

Home Forums Forums Applications handicraftsman_'s helper application

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  matuteharcos 2 months ago.

^ Advertisement ^
  • Author

Nickolay Ilyushin
    Participant

Submitting this application because Matu contacted me and asked to apply for a helper.

How long have you been playing DBC?
    Since coming to this server and some attempts before.

How long have you been playing minecraft?
    I think since 11 (i am 17 now). Until 14 was using a custom launcher so i was a pirate.

How often can you get on the server?
    Usually get on the mornings and evenings by so-called here Kiev time (gmt+2/3).

Regarding next 3 questions: i usually learn stuff i need fast enough, so my knowledge may increase over time once i pass through more sagas and train more.

From 1-10 how would you rate your knowledge of the mod?
    Well, 4-6 in my opinion – cannot give precise values as i never touched stuff except for player abilities, dragon blocks and scouters. And touching dbc saga takes very, very long time in singleplayer.

From 1-10 how would you rate your knowledge of the server?
    As i did not leave HTC yet (and started anew recently cos got my stats forked up), i think it’s like 2-3

From 1-10 how would you rate your knowledge of the commands?
    If talking only about Essentials(X), i think 6-7 as i was an operator in a friend’s server.
    Sadly no good PermissionsEX knowledge as i worked with it on 1.5.2 last time.

How long have you been part of the server?
    I think since mid February, can’t tell exactly. Although i registered on this forum in few days after joining server.

How well do you get along with players?
    Usually okay, but sometimes i have problems with that.

How well do you know the map?
    As i’ve said, i did not leave HTC yet. So i don’t have access to most parts of the map.

How well do you know players?
    I am currently in FriezaForce faction from which i can remember FlinnX (our leader, an arcosian), Draco_the_Dragon (were grinding at htc together; a namekian), Blacqi (probably saiyan), BayBersan (our officer, was an arco, now a human).
    And of course i cannot forget out belowed: Shiro, Haipawa, UIVegito, Shadow, etc

Are you up to date with the mods?
    Well, i don’t think this is the best question to ask on 1.7.10, but yeah. I also do modding on 1.13.2 sometimes.

Why do you think you are fit for this position?
    Well, i did not specifically target Helper position – i prefer writing actual code, so i would aim for Developer position, although i am not on the server long enough to become a dev.

How old are you?
    17 years old since March 10.

State your past experiences as staff.
    Some time ago i was an operator (without permission table access) of a russian offline-moded server running on 1.7.10. It had plugins configured with my help: Magic, EssentialsX, CraftBook, and their dependencies.

What is your main language?
    Russian, Ukrainian as a secondary (required by the country i live in).

What is your time zone?
    GMT+2/3 (so-called Kiev time here in Ukraine)

Tell us about yourself a bit.
    Well, i am a 17 year old self-taught coder. In 2015 (i think, cannot be precise; only remember that it was some time after Euromaidan) switched to Linux. Soon after that started learning programming for real – got “The C Programming Language” book, learnt C. Currently i know C, C++, JavaScript (i must know it as i am a member of a webdev community), was using Ruby some time ago. Can also say that i can work with Java (i even have some projects with it like i’ll show below), although that applies to most languages (except for ones like Haskell or F#).

What can you provide for the server?
    Well, i am not a fortune. So i don’t know. Depends on what users need and what i am able to do.

What position would be your main goal?
    Well, if this already started, that would be Developer position as i mostly write code.

What is your username?
    handicraftsman_

What is your discord username?
    handicraftsman_#9800

Regarding my programming projects:
    Worked a bit at https://github.com/handicraftsman/AvatarMod
    Implemented a maven package loader: https://github.com/handicraftsman/almond
    Did a demo skill tree implementation for AvatarMod: https://github.com/handicraftsman/skill_tree
    Currently i also commit to sadly closed-source (does not depend on me as i am not the owner) library called Magus which provides tools for writing RPG mods like Dragon Block C or Avatar Mod.

Although i must admit that i am currently not proficient enough with algorithms like converting binary numbers to decimal (although that seems simple; as proposed by Matu). Will attach one, but later a bit as i have stuff to do irl.

matuteharcos
    Keymaster

Accepted

The topic ‘handicraftsman_'s helper application’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed.